Banking and financial market law, financing
We advise banks, investment companies and payment service providers, as well as other franchised legal entities on all inquiries regarding bank contract and banking supervision law, finance market law and anti-money laundering (AML/CFT). We also provide support to lenders and borrowers in arranging targeted financing, handling financing agreements and structuring securities.
Völkl Rechtsanwälte is frequently distinguished as one of Austria’s best law firms in the fields of banking law and investor actions.
Our main areas of expertise in these fields include:
- Outsourcing und Governance
- Financing for companies, projects and real estate
- Banking contract and banking supervision law
- Restructuring, recovery and resolution
- Litigation and defence against class action lawsuits
- Administrative proceedings and administrative penalty proceedings
- Deposit protection and consumer law
- Anti-money laundering and compliance
- Product launch and product development processes
- On-site audits
Projects and experience
In recent years, we have...
- defended investor lawsuits in the field of investment consultant liability, interest clauses and general terms and conditions of loan agreements with amounts in dispute of more than €400 million
- provided advisory services on the digitalisation of banking processes and configuration of online banking for deposit and financing
- successfully restructured several banks
- been one of the first law firms in Europe to conduct proceedings in the context of the SSM and SRM
- provided support to outsourcing projects and as part of the first on-site inspections of information and communications technology at the OeNB (central bank of the Republic of Austria)
- provided advisory services on financing operations of more than €20 billion
- advised institutes on minimum requirements for capital resources (most recently MREL and SREP)
provided extensive advice on outsourcing and insourcing of banking operation tasks.