Corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions
An important focus for our law firm is in supporting the operational activities of companies and providing comprehensive advice regarding commercial law questions. We advise executives, shareholders and companies on all matters concerning corporate and commercial law.
Our lawyers also regularly take on roles in managing or supervisory bodies of companies. We therefore understand your requirements and can offer practical solutions.
We also advise our clients in other areas of entrepreneurial cooperation that are not within the remit of traditional corporate law, e.g. project working teams, mediation agreements, sharing expertise, etc.
For large projects (e.g. extensive due diligences) we can quickly assemble a team of specialists tailored for the project. Experts from our network are among the very best in their respective areas of expertise.
Our main areas of expertise in these fields include:
- establishing companies and joint ventures
- M&A transactions (share and asset deals)
- reorganisations, share and company purchase contracts
- corporate group structuring measures, such as unbundling, cash pooling
- company succession, especially in family companies
- contracts with company bodies (e.g. with supervisory boards, executives, auditors)
- defence against hostile takeovers
- contract design, such as contracts for syndicates, profit-sharing rights and corporate lease agreements
- establishing trusts
- corporate financing, venture capital financing
- corporate actions, maintaining capital and equity substitution
- litigation in disputes concerning corporate law, e.g. shortcomings in decision-making processes, D&O liability and shareholder disputes
Projects and experience
In recent years, we have:
- advised a British fund and a Turkish industry conglomerate on the purchase of shares in an Austrian research company
- represented an investor in the acquisition of the majority share of a multi-media company
- represented a German regional bank on the purchase of an Austrian holding company
- advised Austrian banks on purchase negotiations with foreign investors
- supported many corporate actions and reorganisations
- represented banks in inserting their company in stock companies
- advised cooperatives on changing their type of liability
- supported many start-ups through the initial establishment process