Sport law and sponsoring
We advise and represent athletes, sports associations and clubs (both general sports associations at an amateur level and competitive sports associations at top levels). In doing so, we support both young athletes who are already faced with contracts tying them to a club at the start of their careers to transfer rights and accept long-term extensive commitments, as well as helping “professionals” in all legal matters.
Our support is also aimed at the professionalisation of sports marketing and sponsoring at all levels. Therefore, we work with top athletes, associations and sports clubs in planning and implementing their sponsorship strategies and in checking and drafting sponsorship contracts and sports licensing rights.
Our lawyers who work in sports law have themselves had careers in professional sports or hold positions on arbitration tribunals in associations.
Our main areas of expertise in these fields include:
- Checking and writing contracts with associations, sponsors and intermediaries for players
- Drafting sponsorship and advertising contracts
- Transfer contracts
- Advising on the awarding of sports licensing rights
- Accompanying the licensing process
- Employment law in sports
- Providing support in ongoing legal disputes with associations and intermediaries for managers and players, etc.
- Financial advice during transfers
Projects and experience
In recent years, we have...
- worked for top athletes in a wide range of legal capacities
- checked player contracts and contracts with players’ agents
- worked for former top athletes in property investments
In cooperation with gooodsports (www.gooodsports.at). gooodsports (www.gooodsports.at).