Start-Up – Consultancy
Founders and start-up companies have many economic, strategic and legal decisions to make in the starting phases of their company, in addition to concluding contracts with investors, employees, clients and suppliers.
We advise companies on all of the relevant legal decisions, from the initial establishment up to a potential exit.
Our main areas of expertise in these fields include:
- Establishment: choosing a suitable company form, drafting company contracts, shareholder agreements and venture capital participation agreements
- Shareholding schemes: advising on and compiling shares and investment by employees and management
- Intellectual property: registering trademark protection, protection of intellectual property rights, such as copyright law and design protection law, expertise and other forms of intellectual property
- Competition law: avoiding warnings and claims for compensation due to violations of regulations on integrity (unfair competition), e.g. in advertising and online marketing
- Data protection law: drafting privacy statements, data protection clauses and disclaimers, processing contracts, cookie terms and conditions, internal data protection guidelines, work procedures, etc.
- IT law: protecting software with suitable IT contracts and advising on IT projects, SaaS solutions, cloud computing, licensing agreements
- Employment law: employment law for start-ups, e.g. contracts for managing directors, employment contracts, service contracts and independent contractor agreements, employee participation
- Financing: providing advisory services on suitable methods of financing and profit-sharing schemes, such as angel investors, venture capital, investment rounds, bank loans and development schemes
Projects and experience
In recent years, we have:
- supported a start-up in designing an online platform for health products
- advised a company on the development and sale of a software solution for the finance market
- provided consulting services to the founders of a start-up with regard to dealing with institutional investors
- advised a start-up on establishing and developing a cloud-based SaaS solution
We are happy to provide you with individual service packages for the starting phase of a business.